My Legume Love Affair - 56 and An Announcement


My Legume Love Affair has been going strong since 2008. A huge thanks to Susan of The Well Seasoned Cook for starting up this popular legume feast where we can find contributions from food bloggers worldwide to encourage and inspire us to get creative with legumes in our own kitchens. Flattered and humbled is an understatement as I announce I am now the Legume Mistress, beginning this month, with some help from my dear friend Susan whose presence will continue to be known and honored. I've been passed the baton and now I will continue to run the relay. I hope that this event will continue to be a popular spot to share your treasured bean creations. This has long been one of my favorite food events as legumes, all types and varieties, are staples in my kitchen.

I am also delighted to announce that I am hosting MLLA #56, the February 2013 edition. I've made a few modifications to this event, notably that from now on only vegetarian friendly offerings will be accepted, and unlike previous editions, only one entry per blogger, per month, will be accepted, but for those long time contributors, you won't find much will change, and I look forward to seeing some bloggers new to the event participating each month.

It will remain a monthly event with guest hosts helping out throughout the year, and I'll announce them as confirmed. If you are interested in hosting an upcoming edition, please email me. Everything you need to know about MLLA can be found on the ongoing archive page, but I will recap the basic guidelines in this post as the event rolls along into 2013.

Fresh or dried beans, lentils, pulses, and/or the sometimes edible pods that contain these seeds, and derivative products like tofu or besan, along with tamarind, fenugreek, carob, peanuts are all acceptable. Please ensure that your shining ingredient is in fact a member of the legume family. All types of cuisines and courses are welcome, so long as the mighty legume is the key ingredient. More than a few tablespoons of legumes must be present to be accepted.

Recipes from your archives will be accepted, but please repost and update with links. You may submit your recipe to other events.

Once your post is in place, please link back to this announcement, give a bow to Susan and a link to the ongoing archive, hosts and guideline page would be appreciated to alert readers to changes to the event and access to thousands of delicious ideas for legumes. Use of the logo, courtesy of Susan, is optional.

Submissions are due by the end of the month. In this case, no later than the 28th. Please send the url of your submission, along with the title, and a photo measuring 400 X 300 pixels, either orientation, and your location, to legume.lisa AT gmail DOT com. Your location will not be shared but is necessary for prize purposes.

Prizes for February:

1) Susan has generously agreed to sponsor a book prize this month at her own expense that she will ship worldwide. The prize is Growing Eden. This book has blossomed out of a community project where low-income families are taught how to grow and cook their own produce. The recipes are health and budget friendly.

2)
Hurst Beans has agreed to carry on as a sponsor and the winner will receive a 6-pack assortment of products from N.K Hurst Company. Due to shipping restrictions, this prize is restricted to residents of the US.

Drawing structure: A random draw will take place at the end of the month. If the winner resides in the US, he/she will receive both prizes. If the winner is a non-US resident, then they will receive the book prize and another draw will take place to determine the recipient of the Hurst bean package.

*Note: my immediate family and friends are ineligible to win a prize. Links to products are for non-commercial purposes and intended as prize descriptions. Neither Susan nor myself are receiving monetary or product compensation.

I look forward to your contributions.

4 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I am sure that the event will continue with great success Lisa!! Enjoy!!!

janet @ the taste space said...

Exciting to have you as the new host, Lisa... and so fitting with your love of legumes. :)

Ivy said...

Congratulations Lisa! Although I do not post regularly any more, this is an event I always loved and hope to participate in the future.

Cindystar said...

A smiling bow to the New Mistress, wish you all the best and many years ahead for your reign!
Hope to be more present and maybe host some time!